Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website and business we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase. This includes name, address, phone number and email.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means, such as an email and phone number.
We collect this information from you or from the lead booking on your behalf and do not collect personal information from any other source.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes and on the following lawful grounds:
- To take online, telephone or in person card payments from you (contractual necessity) using Worldpay Merchant Services. Worldpay has its own privacy notice which can be viewed here: https://www.worldpay.com/uk/worldpay-privacy-notice
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services (contractual necessity). This includes SMS messages to the mobile phone number for the lead booking to confirm and remind you of your booking.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive it. If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in. We believe that it is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed of similar goods and services that we think are of interest to you. We do not think that the frequency or content of the information we send to you will harm your data security or privacy rights and you will always have a clear and easy to follow option to unsubscribe from further messages.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products (legitimate interests).
- CCTV: We have CCTV security cameras in communal areas at our location sites. It is in our legitimate interests to record visitors to our premises in the interests of safety and security of people and property.
We never give your details to third parties.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Retaining your Information
We only obtain, use and retain personal information that is relevant to and not excessive for the purpose that we require it. We will delete your information when you ask us to or when we no longer have a need to retain it which will be no longer than 10 years after we last had any contact from you. CCTV footage is recorded on a loop system which, on average, over-records after 3 weeks.
Third Party Links
Access to Information and your rights under GDPR 2018
In accordance with GDPR 2018 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. You have the right to ask Escape Live to delete all data we hold on you. The request can be made 60 days after your booked experience and will be fulfilled within 30 days of your request. To request the deletion of your data please email [email protected].
You can find more information about your GDPR rights and when they apply in the UK ICO Guidance: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/.
Cookies used by our website:
Social Network Sharing
We encourage users to share our content and/or like our on profile on the popular Social Media websites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn. In order to make ‘Social Sharing’ accessible, our website utilises widgets either provided directly from the Social Networks and/or via amalgamative widgets from third parties such as AddThis. Cookies and privacy implications from the social networks vary and will be dependent on your nominated privacy settings with each Social Network. Social Sharing buttons will only deploy cookies if you are signed to that respective Social Network at the time of being on our website.
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google’s Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
Upon your first visit to our website, you will notice a subtle banner on the page alerting you to the fact that cookies are being placed onto your computer by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store a cookie which expires after the set amount of days below (see table).
Our website, either in full or in part, is built on the popular open-source CMS framework – WordPress. WordPress utilises cookies to allow visitors to register, login and comment on our website’s content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, WordPress will not deploy any cookies onto your device. Cookies will only be created by WordPress if you actively register or comment via the clear forms on our website.
Our website’s visitors can choose to contact us via form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with anti-spam challenges which ensure the visitor is an actual living person, rather than a computer bot or spider.
Version July 2018